A Guide for Canadians & U.S. Entries

Advertisement: Click here to learn how to Generate Art From Text

Author: Al Parsai

Last Updated on: June 30, 2024

Travel History for Immigration PurposesTravel History for Immigration Purposes

Eamon has been a trucker for over 20 years. permanent resident of Canada, constantly travels between Canada and the United States. He wants to renew his PR card. To accurately reflect his days in Canada, he needs his travel history. Therefore, he decides to obtain his records from both the United States and Canadian governments. First, he submits a request to the CBSA. Then, he files a request with CBP. This way, he ensures he has all the necessary information. Eamon’s proactive approach helps him stay on track with his PR renewal.

How to Obtain Travel History from CBSA

ATIP stands for Access to Information and Privacy. Individuals, including Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and individuals or organizations in Canada, may request an ATIP. To obtain your travel history from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), you must file an ATIP request based on the following steps:

Step 1: Prepare Your Identification Documents

First, gather all necessary identification documents. You will need your passport or NEXUS card number. Keep a scanned copy of these documents ready. Moreover, consider any other document that could help CBSA locate your information.

Step 2: Access the ATIP Online Request Service

Visit the Government of Canada’s Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request Service. Here is the link: ATIP Online Request Service.

I highly recommend creating an account before moving forward.

Step 3: Start Your ATIP Request

Log in to your online account. You need to pick CBSA from the existing list of agencies.

Step 4: Fill Out the Request Form

Please complete the request form with your personal information. Include your full name, date of birth, and contact information. In the relevant field, enter your passport or NEXUS card number.

Step 5: Specify the Information Needed

Clearly state that you are requesting your travel history. Mention the specific period for which you need the records. Be precise to avoid delays.

Step 6: Upload Supporting Documents

Upload scanned copies of your identification documents. Ensure the documents are clear and readable. This step verifies your identity and helps process your request smoothly.

Step 7: Review and Submit

Review all the information you have entered. Double-check for accuracy. Once confirmed, submit your request electronically.

Step 8: Confirmation and Processing Time

After submission, you will receive a confirmation email. Typically, CBSA processes the request within 30 days. Monitor your email for updates or additional requests for information.

Step 9: Receive Your Travel History

Once processed, you will receive your travel history via email or mail. Review the records to ensure all entries are accurate.

You can efficiently obtain your travel history from CBSA by following these steps. However, consider the following:

  • CBSA does not necessarily post your exit dates from Canada
  • You may submit a written request if you have difficulty submitting an online application.
  • I can also submit a request on your behalf. If you are willing to hire me, please click the following button and make the payment. We’ll contact you in two working days.

How to Obtain Travel History from U.S. Officials

Consider your specific needs when seeking travel history from U.S. officials. For the past five years, use the I-94 website. To complete the history, submit an FOIA request.

I-94 Records

To access recent entries, use the I-94 website. This service provides records for the past five years.

Step 1: Visit the I-94 Website:

Go to the I-94 Website.

Step 2: Enter Personal Information:

Provide your passport number and other requested details.

Step 3: Retrieve Records:

View and download your recent travel history.

The I-94 website is quick and easy for recent records.

FOIA Request

FOIA stands for the Freedom of Information Act. Any person may submit a FOIA request, including U.S. citizens, foreign nationals, organizations, universities, businesses, and state and local governments. For a complete travel history, submit a FOIA request. This method covers entries beyond five years.

Step 1: Visit the CBP FOIA Portal:

Go to CBP FOIA Portal.

Step 2: Fill Out the Request Form:

Enter personal details, including passport information.

Step 3: Submit the Request:

Complete the submission electronically.

Step 4: Wait for Processing:

Processing times can vary, so be patient.

A FOIA request ensures a thorough travel history, but expect longer wait times.

We Could Help!

If you need assistance with your Canadian immigration and visa needs, please book a consultation session with me. Alternatively, you may fill out the following form.

Would you please fill out our free assessment form if you wish to visit or move to Canada? We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal immigration advice from a licensed practitioner.

Al ParsaiAl Parsai, LLM, MA, RCIC-IRB
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
Adjunct Professor – Queen’s University – Faculty of Law
Ashton College Instructor – Immigration Consulting
Author – 88 Tips on Immigration to Canada

Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

Important Notes:
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

Click to read the disclaimer.

Al Parsai

This article has been expertly crafted by Al Parsai, a distinguished Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (L3 RCIC-IRB – Unrestricted Practice) hailing from vibrant Toronto, Canada. Al’s academic achievements include an esteemed role as an adjunct professor at prestigious Queen’s University Law School and Ashton College, as well as a Master of Laws (LLM) degree from York University. A respected member of CICC and CAPIC organizations, Al’s insights are further enriched by his experience as the dynamic CEO of Parsai Immigration Services. Guiding thousands of applicants from over 55 countries through the immigration process since 2011, Al’s articles offer a wealth of invaluable knowledge for readers.

‘ Credit:
Original content by www.settler.ca – “A Guide for Canadian and U.S. Entries”
Read the full article at https://www.settler.ca/english/access-your-travel-history-a-guide-for-canadian-and-u-s-entries/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *